Do you love being creative? Want to get paid to do something you love? We are always accepting applications. Please drop off your resume and completed application in store and introduce yourself to us!
First, a little bit about what exactly Glaze Craze is:
- A fun, relaxing atmosphere and clean environment in which people create. We help the “creatively challenged” find their creative side.
- A place for birthday parties, private parties, classes, custom painting, summer camps and much more.
- Known by our customers as friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.
- A tight-knit group that must work as a team. We work hard but we we have fun doing it.
- A place to learn: we will teach you how to work with paints/clay/glass/etc, teach techniques, run efficient and fun birthday parties, glaze pottery and load kilns.
- An equal opportunity employer.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age
- Capable of lifting a minimum of 40 pounds
- Capable of being on your feet and active for a 6-8 hour shift
- Have a flexible schedule (ability to work evenings and weekends)
- Have reliable transportation to and from work
- Basic computer skills
- Good spelling and written communication skills
- Great verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable talking to strangers and large groups of adults and children
- Excellent time management and and multitasking abilities
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to complete tasks with little supervision
- This is a family friendly environment. Our employees present a drug- and alcohol-free appearance, attitude and reputation at all times.
Ideal candidates are bubbly, friendly, patient, thorough, punctual, and love working with kids.
This position entails helping customers, set-up and clean-up, working as a team, and taking initiative. Here's a sample of the duties our employees perform:
- Greeting customers and teaching them about our wide variety of products. Employees are here to inspire, guide, teach, and clean up after our customers.
- Unpacking shipments and updating inventory
- Glazing, loading and unloading the kiln, wrapping finished orders, and calling customers for pick-up
- Opening and closing the studio
- Working the pos, running credit cards, and answering phones
- Assisting with kids (or adult) camps, birthday parties, and classes
- Mopping, dusting, taking out the trash, and cleaning tables, chairs, counters, windows, and more. Maintaining a clean and inviting studio for our customers is a major priority.
- Working together in teams and independently